- Updated April 19, 2019
- Posted by: June Spencer
If you love countryside escapes in the RV, you are already fed up with the condensation that inevitably builds up in it. As you cook, sleep, and shower in this quite small space, water vapors are released into the atmosphere, humidity levels rising excessively fast. What happens as a result of this increased dampness is that the furniture gets damaged, spoiling your vacation instead of letting you enjoy it to its fullest. Other issues can appear as well, especially in those who are a bit more sensitive health-wise – these issues include difficulties breathing, asthma attacks, allergy triggers. Instead of letting humidity levels rise, you should use a dehumidifier to ensure proper, safe humidity inside the vehicle at all times. Find out what your best options are immediately.
Top 12 RV Dehumidifiers Compared
1. InvisiPure HydroWave IP-DH800
Using the highly effective Peltier technology, the InvisiPure HydroWave will reduce moisture levels back to normal. From the perspective of its design, it is quite an elegant addition as it boasts a beautiful white housing, clean lines, and measures a sufficient 9.8” by 6.1” by 13.9”. Thus, you won’t need to worry too much about the space it occupies. As it weighs only 5.7 pounds, it will be a cinch for you to move it around the vehicle as you need. In terms of moisture removal, its impressive capability of eliminating up to 1.7 pints or 27 ounces per day in conditions of 80% humidity and 86 degrees Fahrenheit temperature places it at the top of the food chain on this market.
The collection tank it features is able to hold up to 0.5 gallons or 2 liters of water until it gets filled and needs to be emptied. Thus, you won’t have to go through this procedure all that often. Furthermore, if you use it at home, you can even opt for continuous drainage if you separately purchase a 3/8-inch hose. In case you are not paying attention and the collection tank gets filled, you need not fret as it will automatically turn off to prevent spillage. Another noteworthy aspect is the fact that it delivers a whisper-quiet operation which comes as a result of it using the Peltier technology. Furthermore, considering the overall qualitative performance it delivers, we can safely say that it comes at a reasonable price.
What We Like
- Automatically shuts off when the water tank is full
- You can attach a 3/8” hose to enjoy continuous drainage
- Uses the Peltier technology to ensure a quiet and efficient operation
- Lifetime support provided on the part of the manufacturing company
With its stylish design and the high dehumidification capacity it boasts, there’s no wonder to the fact that the InvisiPure is our number 1 pick. It won’t be a costly acquisition, and as it easy to use and provides a reliable performance, it’s hard to find another product to top it.
2. hOmeLabs FBA_HME020018N
There is a number of aspects that matter with these devices, and the hOmeLabs scores high in all departments. It is able to remove up to 9 ounces of moisture per day, which means that you won’t ever be faced with the appearance of mold and mildew as it will discourage dampness, destroying the circumstances in which they would have thrived. As it features a 16-ounce collection reservoir, you can breathe easy knowing that you won’t be required to empty it that often but rather only 2-3 times per week, depending on how severe humidity issues are and for how long you run it daily. Another aspect that pleases is the fact that it maintains a quiet operation, so it won’t disturb you when you are sleeping or doing various activities inside the RV. For safety purposes, it features a 25W adapter that turns it off when needed to avoid overheating.
Another safety measure taken against overheating is the automatic shut-off that activates when the tank is full. To let you know that the time has come to empty it, there is a LED indicator that signals when this action is needed. In terms of design, it is quite appealing, measuring only 6.5 inches by 5.3 inches by 8.5 inches and weighing a mere 2.6 pounds, ensuring you won’t have trouble finding a spot for it or relocating it whenever needed. It also features a 6-foot long power cord that allows you to basically place it wherever you want, not having to rely on extension cords.
What We Like
- LED indicator signals when the time comes to empty the reservoir
- Features an adapter that prevents overheating
- 6-foot long cord allows freedom when it comes to its placement
- When the tank is filled, it shuts down on its own
What We Dislike
- Requires weekly cleaning to maintain a flawless operation
- Not the quietest product out there
There’s no wonder that it ranks so high considering the high moisture wicking capability it provides and the reliable overall performance. Needless to say, the safety enhancing adapter makes for quite an interesting addition, one that guarantees you are making an investment for the years.
3. Pro Breeze PB-02-US
To deliver a whisper-quiet operation which is actually needed seeing how you will use it in the RV, where you sleep and need to focus on the road when you are driving, the Pro Breeze uses the Peltier technology which implies a lack of compressor. In terms of dehumidification efficiency, this is one of the most impressive products on the market as it removes up to 9 ounces of moisture over a 24-hour period of time.
Considering the fact that its water collection tank has a 16-ounce capacity, you won’t need to empty it all that often, which is good news considering the fact that when you are on the road the last thing you want to think about is the state of the tank. On the bright side, when the tank does get filled, it will turn off on its own to prevent the water from spilling and damaging the device. Furthermore, a LED light turns on when it is filled so that you are being made aware of the fact that maintenance work needs tending to. Due to the fact that it weighs a mere 2.4 pounds, you won’t have a problem moving it around as you like whenever you want. In addition, its compact size ensures you will easily find placement for it inside the vehicle – it measures 6” by 7” by 11”. Last but not least, the manufacturing company offers a 1-year warranty for it, which means that you won’t be paying for repair or replacement costs in this period of time.
What We Like
- Peltier technology ensures a whisper-quiet operation at all times
- Features LED lighting which indicates the fact that the water tank needs to be emptied
- Shuts off on its own when the tank is full
- Energy efficient – ensures a low power consumption
For those who are on a limited budget, the Pro Breeze is their best choice. Not only does it come at a cheap price, but as you have already concluded on your own after reading our review, it is able to remove a generous amount of humidity every day.
4. Eva-Dry EDV-1100
As the name suggests, it is recommended for use in spaces of up to 1100 cubic feet. This makes it ideal for a rather small space like the RV, and considering the dehumidification capabilities it boasts, it is sure to deliver more than satisfying results and maintain a perfect moisture level throughout the entire duration of your vacation so that you may breathe in clean air. To be more precise, it is capable of removing as much as 8 ounces of moisture over a 24-hour time span. Considering the fact that the water tank it features has a rather generous 16-ounce capacity, in case there are extreme humidity levels in the vehicle, the tank will need to be filled only once every 2 days, which isn’t a big hassle.
It comes at a rather reasonable price which means that even those who are on a limited budget can afford it. Since we are on the subject of money, know that due to the fact that it is rated to consume approximately 23 watts when it operates, it is a cost-effective dehumidifying solution to go for. For convenience and safety, it automatically shuts off in case the tank gets full and you forget to empty it, thus preventing spillage from occurring. Furthermore, due to the fact that it does not feature a compressor, it delivers a truly quiet operation which makes it comfortable to sleep in the same space with it without being bothered by the compact device.
What We Like
- When the water tank is full, it automatically turns off
- Peltier technology use makes it whisper quiet
- Consumes 23 watts of power to operate
- Absorbs environmental musty odors
What We Dislike
- Small daily dehumidification capacity
- Doesn’t boast the most durable design
Musty odors will be a bad memory of the past with the Eva-Dry, a product we strongly recommend to RV owners who are on the road most of the times. Instead of ruining your vacation, make it a delight by enjoying breathing in clean air at all times.
5. Eva-Dry E-333
As it uses the renewable silica gel technology, you can rely on it to provide constant service without requiring costly maintenance for up to 10 years. It is recommended for use in spaces of up to 333 cubic feet, as its name intelligently suggests. It features an indicator window where you can see the crystals, and you must keep an eye on it from time to time as they will turn from Orange to Green. When the crystals are Green, it means that they have absorbed moisture to their fullest capacity, and you must plug the small device in an outlet and let it like this for about 10 hours for the gels to “renew”.
When the time comes to unplug and reuse it, you will know right away as the silica gels will turn Orange. The maximum capacity of moisture it can absorb before it requires this procedure is 10 ounces, and how long it takes for it to fill up depends on the conditions in the space it is placed in, evidently. When it comes to design, it is one of the most discrete entries on the market as it only measures 2.8 inches by 9 inches by 8.3 inches, so you basically have complete freedom when it comes to placement. Furthermore, as it only weighs 1.2 pounds, it will be a delight to move it around as you please.
What We Like
- Indicator window lets you know when to “renew” it
- Lengthy lifespan – up to 10 years
- Cheap to upkeep and use
- Comes at a cheap price
Incredibly small yet really efficient at removing excess moisture, the E-333 is a different type of device that you are sure to love as maintenance is basically cost-free, and it doesn’t require much of it either.
6. Afloia T8BG
Suitable for use in spaces of up to 215 square feet and quite compact in size, the Afloia is one of our favorite entries yet. It can absorb up to 11 ounces of moisture per day, which suffices considering the usual dampness of the environment you will use it in. Of course, there’s the added convenience provided by the 24-ounce capacity of the water collection tank it features which ensures emptying will only be required once every 2-3 days the least, depending on humidity levels and how long you leave it on. A LED indicator turns on when the tank fills, and if you forget to empty it on time, overflowing won’t occur as it will shut off on its own to prevent it.
It uses the Peltier technology that helps make it compact as there’s no compressor part. Furthermore, this design ensures a silent operation, producing only 33 decibels when it runs. It measures 4.3 inches by 6.8 inches by 13.9 inches, so it won’t take up a lot of space. Additionally, as it weighs only 2.7 pounds, you are bound to have an easy time relocating it as well. When it comes to backing, the manufacturer covers it on parts and labor during the first 2 years after you acquire it, so you won’t spend cash out of your own pocket if repairs are needed.
What We Like
- Produces only 33 decibels when it runs
- LED indicator shows you when the tank needs to be emptied
- Comes at an affordable price
- Backed by a 2-year warranty on parts and labor
An affordable option that caught our eye due to its impressive performance, the Afloia is suitable for spaces of up to 215 square feet, and it promises to remove up to 11 ounces of moisture per day, so its presence in our top comes as no surprise.
7. Powilling 8280W
The only real flaw we could find when reviewing this dehumidification device is the fact that it comes at a rather spicy price when compared to most entries on the market. However, considering what it brings to the table, it would be a mistake to consider this a realistic flaw as it more than makes up for the price with its performance. Due to the fact that it uses the Peltier technology, one of the perks you get to enjoy when using it is a completely silent operation, its maximum sound output being at around 45 decibels. As it is able to extract up to 20 ounces of moisture per day in an environment where the humidity level is as high as 80%, you are sure to get rid of the moisture issues in no time if you use it. Furthermore, the large 72-ounce capacity of the water tank ensures that emptying will only be required 1-2 times per week at tops.
When the tank does fill up, however, if you are not around to empty it or you aren’t paying attention, it will automatically turn off to prevent the water collected from spilling. Another convenient aspect is the fact that it indicates environmental humidity on the LED screen, thus keeping you updated with the current situation inside the RV at all times. Thus, with this device in your vehicle, you won’t feel any musty odors throughout the entire duration of your vacation, so you will get to have fun and breathe in clean, safe air at all times.
What We Like
- Produces less than 45 decibels when it runs
- Utilizes the quiet and effective Peltier technology
- You can check on the environmental humidity on its LED screen
- When the maximum capacity of the collection bucket is reached, it automatically turns off
What We Dislike
- A bit spicier priced when compared to other similar products
- Power cord gets hot if you let it run continuously for prolongued periods of time
Made for quite generous spaces of up to 270 square feet, this is your go-to device if you want to enjoy constant healthy humidity levels. It might be a bit more expensive than other selections on this market, but considering its performance, the price tag is completely explainable.
8. Ivation IVADM35
Needless to say that the quality of this product can be attested by the fact that it is manufactured by a leading brand on the market, Ivation providing a 1-year warranty against defects for it. The device even shines when it comes to the asking price as it is one of the more reasonable entries on the market, being accessible to a wider range of customers. It is recommended for use in spaces of up to 2200 cubic feet, which means that it can do a great job not only in the RV but even in your bedroom or office. It is rated to pull approximately 20 ounces of moisture per day from the air, ensuring a rapid decrease of humidity levels in order to keep mold and mildew at bay.
As it boasts a generous 68-ounce capacity for the water tank, if you run it continuously, it will only need to be emptied once every 3 days or so. When the tank gets filled, an indicator light will let you know that you should empty it. Another mention-worthy aspect is the fact that it consumes a peak 72 watts when it runs, which makes it one of the more energy efficient entries on the market. It measures a convenient 8.5 inches by 14 inches by 6.8 inches, and weighs only 4.45 pounds, so finding a spot where to place it and relocating it whenever needed won’t be difficult at all. Additionally, it is one of the quieter machines that you will stumble upon, so it won’t present a nuisance if you keep it in your proximity.
What We Like
- Consumes only 72 watts when it runs
- Compact size makes it a perfect fit even in tight spaces
- Maintains a quiet operation in order to not bother you
- Comes at an accessible price
What We Dislike
- Does not feature an automatic humidistat
- Simplistic design
Filled with all of the important features that you require from a moisture reducing device, the Ivation makes for a perfect pick, especially if you are on a budget. Reliable, built to last, and ensuring mold won’t appear as it removes up to 20 ounces of moisture per day, it is an option worth taking into consideration.
9. Luby XROW800A
A small-sized device that will serve you well in your quest to lower humidity levels, the Luby takes up little space as it measures a mere 12 inches by 10 inches by 7.2 inches. Furthermore, it weighs only 5 pounds, so it will be a cinch to move it around when needed. As it features the built-in thermoelectric cooling technology which eliminates the need for a compressor to be added to its design, it operates extremely quietly so that it won’t present a nuisance when you drive, sleep, or do any other activity. To prevent the water from overflowing in case you forget to empty the reservoir in the nick of time, it automatically shuts off when the maximum collection point is reached.
A yellow light will turn on as well so that you are visually announced that you have to empty it. In terms of performance, even though it is small, it is hard to beat as it can remove up to 550 milliliters of moisture per day from the air. The speed of the fan is 3200 RPM, and the volume of the tank is 1500 milliliters. As it can cover areas of up to 270 square feet, it is reliable for use in various environments. Woefully, we cannot say anything about the product’s warranty, but what we can assure you of is that there is a satisfaction guarantee provided by the manufacturing company.
What We Like
- Uses the thermoelectric cooling technology
- Top fan speed of 3200 RPM
- Shuts off when the tank is full to prevent overflow
- Yellow indicator light lets you know that you must empty the tank
What We Dislike
- No info regarding warranty
- Doesn’t boast the most durable design
Easy on the wallet and occupying little space, the Luby is one of our favorites as, despite the small size, it is actually capable of covering wide areas of up to 270 square feet, pulling excess moisture to ensure a healthy environment where you place it.
10. Vremi 1-Pint
The Vremi makes for an especially smart option to take into consideration if you seek to make a cheap yet qualitative purchase. It can remove 1 pint of moisture from the air per day, which considering what space you mainly intend to use it in, is more than enough. Its 0.5-gallon capacity tank is large enough to ensure emptying it won’t be required all that often. It is rated to provide optimal performance in spaces of up to 215 square feet, an aspect that you must take into consideration before taking a final decision. It doesn’t produce a high amount of noise when it runs, so it won’t present a nuisance. As it draws only 36 watts when it runs, it’s one of the more energy efficient options you could go for.
When the tank fills, a LED indicator light will let you know that it is time to empty it. If you skip on this task, it will turn off automatically to prevent overheating and the inevitable damage of the system. As it measures only 11 inches in height by 7 inches in length by 4.9 inches in depth, it won’t take up much space in the RV, which is another mention-worthy highlight. Its 6-foot long power cord allows you to place it basically anywhere you want as there is enough distance to the power outlet provided. In terms of backing, you will be glad to know that it is covered on parts and labor during the first year after you make the acquisition.
What We Like
- Automatic shut-off when the tank fills prevents overheating
- LED indicator takes guesswork out of figuring out when the tank needs to be emptied
- Energy efficient – consumes a minimum amount of power when it runs
- 6-foot long cord eliminates the need for extension cords to reach the power outlet
Budget-friendly yet qualitative in terms of performance, it makes for a smart option to go for. It is destined for use in spaces of up to 215 square feet and consumes as little power as possible when it runs, the list of pros when it comes to this product overflowing.
11. Hysure 700ml
Although it isn’t one of the most renowned dehumidifier manufacturing companies out there, Hysure still managed to steal the show with a few entries. The 700-milliliter model produced by this company is regarded as being one of the best due to the fact that, as the name suggests, boasts high moisture retention in its tank – it can hold up to 700 ml or 24 fluid ounces of liquid. When it comes to the amount of moisture it can remove from the air, you can rely on it to eliminate up to 10.3 fluid ounces or 300 milliliters per day. It is intended for spaces that measure up to 215 square feet, which makes it ideal for the RV, bathroom, or a small kitchen. One of the traits which make it very appealing is the energy saving profile it boasts that ensures an Eco-friendly operation which ensures electricity waste won’t occur.
A feature that doesn’t only add to its energy saving capabilities but makes it even safer to use is the automatic shut-off which activates when the water tank is full – spillage and useless energy consumption are prevented due to it. when it comes to the amount of trust put by the manufacturing company in this product, know that it is quite high as it not only is backed with a generous 2-year warranty, but you can even return it and receive a full refund in the first 30 days after purchasing it. But honestly, we don’t think that will be necessary as you are sure to love the way it works.
What We Like
- Energy saving design – environmentally friendly option
- Produces less than 33 decibels when it operates
- Turns off on its own when the water tank is full until you empty it
- 30-day money back guarantee provided by the manufacturing company
If you are into saving the environment, yet you want to keep a healthy habitat inside your RV, this is your go-to dehumidifier. Made with Eco-friendliness in mind, it provides a reliable performance which is sure to impress you, musty odors and high humidity being inexistent issues as long as you use it.
12. Eurgeen OL10-009D
As it is quite small sized, measuring only 11.02 inches by 6.69 inches by 19.09 inches, and it weighs a mere 22.05 pounds, you won’t have trouble fitting it in your RV or moving it around whenever needed. It is easy to operate, all thanks to the touch controls featured. When it comes to its moisture removal capabilities, as it can remove a fierce 20 pints per day, it is even usable in damper spaces like the bathroom, for example. It features 2 fan speeds that you can pick between and a convenient automatic timer that can be set for up to 24 hours to save on energy costs. The neat frost sensor ensures the protection of the evaporator coils as it automatically defrosts them when needed.
Another convenient feature is the automatic restart which saves your settings after a power outage. It displays current indoor humidity levels at all times, so you are kept aware of environmental conditions at all times. The water tank it comes with can hold up to 0.4 gallons of water, and the device automatically shuts off when it gets filled if you don’t empty it on time. It features 4 casters that make it easy to move it from one place to another. Furthermore, it makes less than 50 decibels when it runs, so it won’t bother you while you are driving.
What We Like
- Automatically restarts with the pre-selected settings in case of a power outage
- Automatic shut-off when the tank is filled
- Operating temperature range from 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Produces less than 50 decibels when it runs
What We Dislike
- Some customers have complained that it needs to be emptied too often
- Comes at a spicy price
Even though it isn’t one of the most reasonably priced entries on this market, it’s one worth purchasing if humidity issues are severe in your RV. Able to remove up to 20 pints of moisture per day, it is unmatchable when compared to other entries in this niche.
There are several deciding factors which you must take into account when you start your search. Sure, it might fulfill the same basic purpose as all other dehumidification devices do, but it differs slightly in terms of design and the technologies which are usually used to manufacture it. Furthermore, considering the fact that the space it needs to dehumidify isn’t all that large, the smaller models are the ones you should look out for. However, instead of guessing and ending up with a machine that won’t properly handle lowering humidity in your RV, follow the next guidelines to make sure your choice is the right one.
- Amount of space it can dehumidify – Obviously, the first and foremost element to take into consideration is the amount of space it can cover as you wouldn’t want to end up with one that is rated for smaller or bigger areas. What you must do is calculate the amount of space boasted by your RV, and search for a model that matches this spec or at least is in proximity.
- Portability – Considering that there is limited space in the vehicle, you won’t need a big and bulky dehumidifier, but rather a small and portable one as you are likely to move it around quite often. Thus, when you do make the acquisition, check for the dehumidifying device to be portable, meaning that it should be light and preferably small in size. This will save you a lot of headaches, and you will surely find a resting place for it in the vehicle without much hassle.
- Dehumidification capacity – This spec shows what is the amount of moisture the dehumidifying device can eliminate throughout an entire day. Definitely, bigger is better when it comes to this aspect, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that the InvisiPure ranked first in our top. But you should choose depending on the severity of the humidity issues inside your vehicle for a safer bet, so if there is no need for a massive intervention, you can easily go with one which removes 8-10 ounces of moisture per day.
- Collection bucket capacity – This is an important aspect to look into as it shows how often you will need to empty the collection bucket or water tank of the dehumidifier. It is preferable for its capacity to be large so that you won’t need to tend to empty it all that often. A safe bet would be to use one which has a double collection tank capacity as opposed to the dehumidification capacity it’s rated at. This way, at least 2 days have to pass until you must tend to any sort of maintenance work.
- Automatic shut-off – This is one of the more appealing features which come quite in handy as they enhance safety in use. What the automatic shut-off shows is that the device will turn off on its own when the water tank is full in order to prevent spilling. Considering that you will more likely keep your eyes on the road rather than at the dehumidification device, it’s best for it to come with this feature that prevents unwanted incidents from occurring.
- Noise output – Seeing how you sleep in the vehicle, and that you drive it most of the time, you need for this space to be quiet and peaceful. Adding devices inside it is usually bad news from this point of view as there is a lot of noise surrounding and distracting you. However, this doesn’t have to be the case with it as if you use one which doesn’t feature a compressor but rather relies on the Peltier technology, the noise output will be so low that you will forget about the device’s presence.
Traveling across the country in the RV can be one of the most relaxing experiences of your life. However, there are conditions that must be met for you to have a good time, rest well, and have a pleasant overall trip. Evidently, one of these conditions refers to humidity levels as high moisture not only intensifies all unpleasant odors, but it can lead to you feeling dampness on your skin, which is quite unpleasant. There’s the issue of mold growth in the RV, a worrying matter as your health is directly put in danger if mold develops and you inhale the spores as you drive or simply hang back and relax.
If issues are indeed severe and you are in need of a truly exceptionally performing dehumidifier, the InvisiPure HydroWave IP-DH800 is the model we recommend as it can remove 1.7 pints of moisture per day, delivering its best performance in areas of approximately 200 square feet, which is more than enough for this specific situation. For those looking for the most compact quality option out there, on the other hand, the Eva-Dry E-333 is the right choice to go with as it measures only 2.8 inches by 9 inches by 8.3 inches, which makes it a real space saver. Not only this, but it maintains a quite impressive overall performance as it is able to remove a staggering 10 ounces of excess moisture from the air over a 24-hour time span despite the small size. Overall, any of our selections are sure to satisfy your needs and lower humidity levels, just go through them carefully and pick the one that best suits your situation and needs.