- Updated September 6, 2018
- Posted by: June Spencer
Whether you opt for an ultrasonic or an evaporative system, a cool moisture humidifier is a necessity in households where humidity levels are low. Without it, itchy skin, sinus problems, dry lips, coughing, and other issues arise. What makes it desirable option for normalizing moisture levels indoors is the fact that the mist it releases, as the name suggests, is cool. Thus, the temperature of the room you place it in is bound to drop slightly as well, making you feel a lot more comfortable if the weather in that specific time of the year is hot.
Top 6 Cool Mist Humidifiers Comparison
Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic 6L
Worked through and through to convey dampness improving while at the same time keeping up a charming temperature inside when the climate is hot because of its chilly dampness yield, the Everlasting Comfort is the model that truly caught our eye. It comes at a reasonable price that makes it an accessible acquisition, while the modern design it flaunts makes it a commendable expansion to any room inside the house. It delivers even when it comes to portability, so you will have the capacity to move it as required. Moreover, the organization that produces it backs it for a lifetime – at whatever point a part breakdowns, it will be repaired or supplanted for nothing out of pocket.
It measures 14.2 inches by 12.4 inches by 7.8 inches and weighs a minor 4.6 pounds, so moving it from room to room is an easy errand to take up. Notwithstanding being lightweight and compact, it flaunts a cutting-edge design because of the dark housing, making for an in vogue addition to any room, paying little mind to its stylistic theme. In any case, the design element that impresses the most is the 360-degree turning profile of the nozzles that enables you to coordinate the fog stream as you require, giving you full control over the gadget.
Output and Capacity
It is intended for rooms and spaces that measure up to 400 square feet in size, consequently giving a solid working even in medium to large-sized rooms. Therefore, you can unhesitatingly depend on it to bring moistness up in the workplace, bedroom, living room, or some other zone of your home. To guarantee that dampness levels will increment quickly, it yields an amazing 270 milliliters per hour. As the tank flaunts a 6-liter or 1.6-gallon capacity, when you set it on the lowest working speed, you will be remunerated with up to 50 hours of runtime between refills.
Mention Worthy Details
- Doubles as an oil diffuser, circulating the oils you add into the mist before outputting it to freshen up the room you place it in.
- Provides a lengthy 50-hour runtime between refills when the lowest mist output setting is selected.
- Ultra quiet operation makes it usable even in the bedroom, office, or nursery.
There are two aspects to look into if you want to figure out whether or not the device is economical – the absence of a filter and its power consumption. As it does not have a filter that would have expected you to supplant it on a regular basis, you won’t need to make any extra buys on the off chance that you decide to acquire it. Moreover, its conservative design influences it to draw little power when it runs.
What We Like
- Nightlight function provides a soothing ambiance that comes in handy for those who have trouble falling asleep
- Antibacterial ionizer and vaporizer that enhances humidity while ensuring impurity-free air
- Reasonable asking price makes it an affordable selection
What We Dislike
- There are no real downsides to this product
Even if we were to try our hardest, we couldn’t find a real flaw to this humidifier. Able to cover wide areas and outputting sufficient moisture to normalize humidity levels in a matter of hours, all while maintaining a decent asking price, it is our top recommendation.
Pure Enrichment MistAire
On the off chance that the area you plan to put it in doesn’t surpass 250 square feet in size, we recommend that you settle on the MistAire. What influences us to hold it so dearly is its high efficiency as it can output up to 150 milliliters for each hour, accordingly settling any low moisture issues in a matter of hours, a couple of days tops. The tank is somewhat smaller when compared to our other picks as it can hold up just 1.5 liters of water, however thinking about the smaller size of the device itself, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Between refills, it provides up to 16 hours of runtime, so you should refill the tank just once every couple of days on the off chance that you run it while you rest. One of its most noteworthy highlights is the 360-degree pivot of the nozzle through which the mist is released, a design that enables you to coordinate the stream as you see fit. There are two speed settings you can pick amongst, high and low. Another noteworthy function it gives is the
What We Like
- Features a 360-degree rotating design for the nozzle, allowing you to decide what the direction of the mist flow should be
- Provides two speed settings for you to choose between – low and high
- Nightlight function ensures a soothing sleeping habitat
What We Dislike
- You might encounter difficulties when you clean the tank
Feature-rich and designed to increase moisture levels as fast as possible to soothe symptoms like coughing and itchy skin, the MistAire is a must-have for any health freak. It delivers a sanitary environment where the water that will be released as mist into the air is kept, and it comes from one of the most respected brands at the moment, so there are no real downsides to it.
We begin by praising the compact design that makes it fit perfectly anyplace you intend to put it, even on a swarmed end table, as it measures just 10.8 inches by 7.5 inches by 10.2 inches. It exceeds expectations in regards to noise output, producing just 32 decibels when it runs. Subsequently, you can give it a chance to run when you rest without stressing it may wake you up. This ultrasonic gadget conveys a proficient execution when utilized in a room or space of up to 160 square feet, releasing up to 180 milliliters of mist per hour to normalize dampness levels. It comes with a 0.53-gallon water tank that flaunts an antibacterial design, providing a safe environment to the water to sit in. At the point when the tank is empty, so as to prevent damage to the device, it automatically turns off until the point that you fill it. There is a LED indicator light that announces when the tank is low on water too. It includes an anti-slip handle that makes moving it safe and simple. The control knob it features guarantees convenience as you essentially turn it in the direction you desire in order to control the mist output. A design element that really impresses is the 45-degree tilt of the nozzle that amplifies its ability to discharge dampness into the air. With regards to expenses, you need not worry about repair costs amid the first year after you buy it as the manufacturing company has you covered while the warranty agreement is active.
What We Like
- Whisper-quiet operation makes it perfect for use even in the nursery
- Compact design – fits perfectly on a crowded nightstand
- Tilted design of the nozzle ensures an optimal release of the mist
What We Dislike
- Small area coverage as opposed to our other entries
The deep moisturizing property of the mist it releases not only enhances humidity levels indoors, but helps keep your skin properly moisturized as well. It uses innovative technologies to ensure efficiency, all while remaining whisper-quiet, making for the perfect companion in the bedroom or nursery.
The straightforward operation it delivers at your disposal 2 mist output adjustment settings makes the Anypro a standout for individuals who want a stress-free device to help them normalize moisture levels indoors. As it measures just 8.7 inches by 8.6 inches by 9.9 inches, you won’t experience difficulty finding a spot where to put it. It outputs 120 milliliters of moisture per hour, which is less when contrasted with our other entries, yet at the same time gets the job done to guarantee a proficient operation. It delivers its best performance when utilized in rooms and spaces of up to 215 square feet, and the 0.5-gallon capacity of the water tank guarantees up to 10 hours of runtime when you select the low speed setting. As it produces less than 40 decibels when it runs, you can even place it in the bedroom while you rest as it won’t bother you. Another feature that makes it engaging for use is the blue nightlight that can help soothe you to sleep. The mist discharging spout it features flaunts a 360-degree rotational design that guarantees moisture will be spread out in the room in the direction you desire. Also, there are 3 timer settings that you can choose from so as to completely control its operation – you can set it to turn off after 1, 3, or 6 hours. Of course, there’s another mention-worthy aspect we must highlight, more precisely the 1-year warranty that accompanies it.
What We Like
- Timer function lets you set it run continuously for 1, 3, or 6 hours
- Blue nightlight creates a pleasant ambiance in the room
- Produces 20-40 decibels when it runs, maintaining a quiet operation
What We Dislike
- Smaller moisture output when compared to our other selections
It might not output as much moisture per hour as our other selections do, but the Anypro still makes for a trustworthy humidity raising device to opt for. It uses the ultrasonic technology to ensure the mist released into the air is free of impurities, and in terms of durability and design, it is one of the products that are hard to top.
What is sure to first catch your eye is the cute design it boasts, being available in two color options – pink and blue. Of course, there’s the cheap asking price that makes it a smart deal. It measures 9.5 inches by 9.6 inches by 10.6 inches, so you won’t have trouble finding a spot for it. It delivers a quiet operation that makes it ideal even for rooms like the bedroom or nursery. As it features an integrated scent pad heater, you can insert soothing scents in it to relieve cold symptoms, for example. Another feature worth mentioning is the SoftGlo nightlight that creates a rather soothing ambiance in the room, this function being ideal for activation when you go to bed as it will help you fall asleep faster. On a fill of the 0.5-gallon tank that it features, you are provided with up to 20 hours of runtime if you select the lower speed setting of the 2 that are put at your disposal. Due to the fact that it boasts an area coverage of up to 350 square feet, you can basically use it in any room of your home as it is unlikely for it to underperform. With the 220-milliliter per hour moisture output it provides, any issues related to low humidity are bound to be solved in a matter of days. In addition, there’s a 2-year warranty provided for it against defective parts and faulty workmanship.
What We Like
- Features an integrated scent pad heater that allows you to use soothing scents with it
- SoftGlo nightlight provides a soft light to help those who have trouble falling asleep
- Cheap acquisition – one of the budget-smart selections you could go for
What We Dislike
- Some customers have complained that it drops in performance as the months pass
Ideal for the nursery due to its cute and compact design, while maintaining a proper efficiency in any other room you intend to place it in due to the high moisture output it delivers, this Vicks entry is a budget-friendly solution for fixing low indoor humidity issues.
For those who are on a budget, this is a selection that must not be overlooked. In addition to coming at a cheap price, it delivers everything that you could ask for in terms of performance, as well as features. We start off by praising its generous 400 square feet area coverage that makes it ideal for small and medium-sized rooms. The 350-milliliters per hour moisture output that it boasts which enhances its performance quality ensures that low humidity issues will be resolved in a matter of hours. It features a low water indicator light that keeps you updated with the status of the reservoir, while the automatic shut-off function ensures it will turn off when the tank is empty to avoid overheating. The 0.6-gallon capacity of the tank delivers up to 17 hours of continuous runtime when full, so you can get a restful sleep without worrying about maintenance work. It uses the ultrasonic technology which ensures that any bacteria and impurities in the water will be eliminated before the mist is outputted. As expected, it features the useful nightlight that provides a soothing ambiance in the room. However, there is a minor downfall to it, more precisely the fact that it lacks a rotating design for the nozzle. Thus, you will have to move the device in the direction you want it to output the moisture. Lastly, we must put emphasis on the noiseless technology it utilizes that makes it appropriate for use even in the room where you sleep or work.
What We Like
- Provides up to 17 hours of operating time when set on the low speed setting
- Nightlight creates a soothing ambiance in the room
- Comes at an accessible price
What We Dislike
- Nozzle does not output – you cannot direct the mist flow as you please without moving the device as a whole
Cheap, feature-rich, and dependable as it can easily cover raising moisture levels in medium-sized rooms where the air is generally dry, the PurSteam is a must-have for anyone who is on a budget and looking for a smart acquisition.
Important Rating Criteria
|Rating Criteria||Importance||Product to Receive the Best Score|
|Ultrasonic technology||Ultrasonic devices contain a small-sized metal plate that produces vibrations at an ultrasonic frequency in order to break water particles into cool vapor. Whilst doing so, this technology also helps dislodge impurities from the water particles to ensure the mist released into the air is clean and safe for your lungs.||Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic 6L, Pure Enrichment MistAire, VicTsing 2L, Anypro CF-2520, Vicks VUL520P, PurSteam Ultrasonic|
|Soothing nightlight||The role of the nightlight function is to help soothe those who suffer from mild insomnia to sleep, and to overall improve sleep quality in all individuals. If you plan on using the device in the bedroom or nursery, this is a feature that must accompany your selection as it makes a huge difference in its performance quality.||Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic 6L, Pure Enrichment MistAire, Anypro CF-2520, Vicks VUL520P, PurSteam Ultrasonic|
|Coverage||If it can cover a wider area than you need it to, it is ideal as at one point, you will inevitably need to raise indoor humidity levels in other areas of the house as well. Thus, a higher rating is bound to be given to devices that can cover larger spaces.||Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic 6L, PurSteam Ultrasonic|
|Moisture output||For the gadget to be able to fix low humidity levels indoors as quickly as possible, it should release a hearty amount of moisture per hour. Evidently, the entry that delivered the highest output got the biggest score when it came down to this rating criteria.||PurSteam Ultrasonic|
|Noise level||It is quintessential for the device to produce as little noise as possible when it runs so that it won’t present a distraction. Ideally, the noise level shouldn’t exceed 40 decibels in order to make it possible for you to place it in the room you sleep in, or even in your office.||VicTsing 2L, Anypro CF-2520|
|Rotating nozzle||If the nozzle through which the moisture is outputted in the room can be rotated, you have the freedom to select the direction where the flow will hit first. This feature comes especially in handy if you plan on using it in the nursery as you can direct it towards the crib without moving the placement of the device.||Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic 6L, Pure Enrichment MistAire|
How to Clean
Regardless of the model you own and the general opinions you read on forums, with cool mist devices, daily upkeep is required. That is, of course, if you want to make sure that you will keep all issues at bay and keep the moisture enhancing device up and running at its peak for as long as possible. To make maintenance tasks more comprehensive, we broke them down in 3 general categories that you cannot skip on.
Daily cleaning tasks
- Remove: Turn the device off, unplug it, and remove the tank from the base. Check out the manufacturer’s manual for directions regarding its proper removal.
- Empty: There are two types of tank caps you will encounter – snap on and twist off. Remove the cap properly and dump the remainder of the water into a sink or tub.
- Rinse: Fill it with lukewarm water halfway or more, and slosh the liquid inside the tank. Afterward, dump the water and either air dry or wipe the tank dry.
- Wicking filter: Remove the tank, empty it, and turn the machine on without putting the tank back in its place. As you do this, you allow the wicking filter to dry out properly. When it is completely dry, turn the device off and unplug it. Remove the filter gently and set it aside until you are done with the entire procedure.
- Tray: Slide it out or unclip it in order to remove it from the base of the device. After taking it out, fill it halfway with vinegar and let it sit for 20 minutes. When the time passes, use a slightly dampened sponge to wipe the parts that have not been submerged, and thoroughly rinse it to get the vinegar smell out.
- Tank: Fill approximately two thirds of the tank with water and add two tablespoons of white vinegar. Let the mixture sit in it for about 20 minutes, and when the time passes, proceed to dump the liquid, rinse the tank properly, and air dry it.
- Tank: Remove the tank, fill it with water and a tablespoon of bleach, and leave the solution in it for 20 minutes. Afterward, empty the liquid, and proceed to rinse it by refilling the tank with clean water until the bleach smell disappears completely. Lastly, wipe the inside and let it air dry.
- Tray: Remove it, and using a soft rag or a sponge that has been dipped in bleach and water solution, wipe the tray down. When you finish, rinse it properly and allow it to air dry before you reassemble the device.
- Exterior: The outside of the device requires just as much attention as the interior does. Thus, using a clean rag that is damp, wipe down the exterior of the device and the base.