- Updated August 2, 2018
- Posted by: June Spencer
- Category: Humidifiers
If you have a poorly insulated home, you are probably struggling with an excessive indoor humidity in which case, you should check out the best dehumidifier reviews in 2018 in order to deal with the problem before mold conquest your home. However, normal homes with proper insulation have the exact opposite problem. Due to the central heating system, which is currently running, humidity levels are very low, a fact which can be very uncomfortable as it dries the skin and hair. So, if you live in a dry area, or the air in your house is constantly dry, making it uncomfortable to breathe, then it might be time to consider buying a humidifier. If you just want to use it in one room, then the Vornado Evap2 can do the job in a highly effective manner.
It has an appealing and sleek design that makes it perfect to place in any room, regardless of its decor. The sort of cylindrical shape and its height of about 14 inches ensure it won’t be difficult to find a location for it even in the crowdiest of places.
- Made with resistant black plastic that has blue accents, thus being a stylish yet durable device.
- Features a turbine-looking part on top through which the vaporized mist comes out.
- The tank it comes with has a 1-gallon capacity, and it can vaporize up to 2 gallons of mist per day.
This Vornado entry is quite straightforward and easy to use. The control panel is located on the top and features only three buttons:
- An on/off button;
- An option for fan only;
- A button to control the level of humidity.
The fan itself also has three levels of action: low, high, and auto, the last probably being more economical because it detects humidity levels in the air and brings them to a normal value. Thus, you can customize its operation as you please.
One of the best features of this device is precisely this simplicity of use, the control panel that allows you to adjust the fan power and the levels of humidity making it an intuitive operation selection that is indeed user-friendly. The way it functions is that the blades on top pull the air, pass it through the system, and then circulate it again at the humidity chosen by you. As for capacity, this evaporative humidifier can operate in a range of about 600 square feet, which is enough to transform the atmosphere in a room.
As you have seen, it is quite performing for its size, being able to cover a large room and then some. You can even use it just for the fan if you want to freshen up the air, or if you want to, you can press the auto button, and then the fan will fluctuate depending on how the air changes. Nevertheless, this seems like an ideal product for those with average needs. It even comes with a 5-year warranty, which in this reviewer’s opinion, is a good sign the manufacturer trusts its product to be qualitative.
- Provides a hearty area coverage of up to 600 square feet.
- Control panel features only 3 buttons, grating an intuitive operation.
- Resistant plastic construction ensures it is a long-lasting product.
- There are 3 fan speed levels you can pick between to customize its operation.
- Lengthy 5-year warranty on parts and workmanship.