- Updated August 26, 2018
- Posted by: June Spencer
- Category: Humidifiers
The Vicks Warm Mist will effectively humidify your room and moisten the skin and mucous membranes which are easily irritated by dry air. If you live in a dry climate, adding a little moisture to your home can alleviate many symptoms like sinus congestion, nose irritation, dry cough, dry skin, bloody noses, and cracked lips. Moreover, humidifiers provide ideal moisture for house plants and wood furniture or wooden floors. If you are not willing to spend a lot on a humidity raising device that will keep your home moist and are looking for a simple solution, this Vicks entry might be the best choice.
Design and Ease of Use
It has a modern, attractive design that goes well in any room. Although it doesn’t have a filter like its cool mist counterpart and doesn’t involve replacement costs, you will have to clean it regularly.
- It only measures 14.2″ by 12″ by 7.8″, and it weighs a mere 4.5 pounds.
- Water tank is easy to fill, so this is a hassle-free routine task.
- You can easily keep an eye on tank water levels as it features a transparent reservoir in which it keeps the liquid.
Fortunately, some of the parts are dishwasher safe, but you will have to soak the tank in bleach every week. The heating chamber and water tray can be cleaned with vinegar occasionally. Cleaning it regularly will make sure it lasts longer, so you shouldn’t neglect maintenance work.
It has a very useful automatic shut-off feature that prevents overheating in case you forget it on. With a one gallon filling, it can run more than 12 hours, which is perfect considering its compact profile. Because it works by boiling water, the warm mist released is 95% bacteria-free, so you can use it in a nursery without worrying the air might become contaminated. However, make sure it is out of reach of children. Its controls are illuminated with soft glow nightlight so you can change between its 2 comfort settings.
Other mention-worthy features:
- Delivers a whisper-quiet operation which makes it suitable even for use in the bedroom or nursery.
- Features a medicine cup that you can use with Kaz Inhalant or Vicks Vaposteam to relieve flu and cold symptoms.
- Manufacturing company backs it with a 3-year warranty against defects.
It is not the most efficient humidifier out there as it uses electricity to boil water. However, boiling water into mist makes it sterile and removes up to 95% of bacteria. Even if it is a warm mist type, it doesn’t release the steam directly into the room, allowing it to pass through a cooling chamber first. Boiling water isn’t a completely silent procedure, but the sound is barely noticeable. However, if you can’t stand any noise when you sleep it is best to get an ultrasonic model for the bedroom. It is great to use when you are sick, making breathing easier. Woefully, some customers have reported leaking problems as time passed. Another downside is that because it takes a little to begin releasing steam, you should it on earlier.
- Includes dishwasher safe parts, thus maintenance work and keeping it clean being easier than it is with other devices.
- Lack of a filter makes it a smart investment as there are no parts to replace later.
- Provides up to 12 hours of continuous runtime with a 1-gallon filling.
- Soft glow nightlight of the controls helps soothe you to sleep.
- Releases sterile mist into the air as the boiling process eliminates up to 95% of bacteria and germs.