- Updated August 26, 2018
- Posted by: June Spencer
- Category: Humidifiers
A humidifier can bring you many benefits and it can considerably increase the level of comfort in your home, especially during the dry winter months. However, if you are not yet convinced about the benefits of these devices, we advise you to start with an inexpensive vaporizer. Despite the fact that Vicks 1.5 Gallon is one of the cheapest evaporative models on the market, it delivers a surprisingly high performance. If you are currently struggling with serious flu or cold, you might want to consider buying it as a way of relieving some of your symptoms.
It doesn’t have a very modern design yet we like the fact that it is very compact. It has a roundish shape and it features a white, plastic finish. The overall aspect might seem cheap, compared to other models that are more stylish and made of more qualitative materials, but considering the asking price, it is a fair trade. At the top, it features a blue nozzle that slowly spreads moist air into the room.
Features and Performance
Although it comes at a cheap price, it has a surprising number of features. For starters, it includes a triple wall insulation that maintains the tank water at a safe temperature. Evaporative machines can be a hazard due to the fact that they feature a tank of hot water, but Vicks seems to have considered this issue. It features a Steam Guard, which lowers the outlet steam temperature. The automatic shut-off feature is very useful as it prevents overheating. You use scented VapoPads with it. The menthol pads are particularly helpful for relieving cold symptoms and ensuring a good night’s rest.
- It is ideal for small to medium-sized rooms of up to 1000-1200 square feet.
- The water tank it features has a 1.5-gallon capacity.
- As it provides a mist output of 1.5 gallons per day, it runs for 24 hours straight on a single fill.
For extra benefits, it also has a built-in medicine compartment which can be used for liquid inhalants. However, it has only one speed which does not say a lot about performance customization. Last but not least, this humidifier has a built-in nightlight that creates a pleasant ambiance when placed in the bedroom.
Quality and Ease of Use
It is very easy to use and it does not need to be assembled as it can be used as soon as it is out of the box. This device is UL listed and it comes with a 3-year limited warranty. The lack of detachable parts diminishes the risk of malfunctions, which means fewer costs to worry about. It has an easy to use, twist-and-lift cap. Furthermore, the automated shut off means that you don’t have to worry about changing the tank whenever it is empty as the device will automatically shut itself off when this is the case.
- Over the span of 24 hours, it outputs up to 1.5 gallons of moisture in the air.
- Nightlight makes it ideal to place in the bedroom or nursery, providing a relaxing ambiance.
- Features a built-in medicine compartment, which means that you can place liquid inhalants in it.
- Features triple wall insulation which ensures the water in the tank is preserved at a proper temperature.
- Manufacturing company backs it with a 3-year warranty.