Sunbeam Products is a 100-year-old American brand that manufactures home appliances and is currently owned by Jarden Consumer Solutions after the 2004 acquisition. If you are looking for a quality humidifier and you are not interested in a model that has both cold and warm mist, consider the Sunbeam Cool Mist Tower. As it only outputs cold mist when operating, it comes at a cheaper price than dual performance systems, so it is a better option for those who have a limited budget at their disposal.
Design and Ease of Use
Besides state of the art functionality, it has an appealing design that complements any home, the sleek white or black design that is not bulky blending with any room. Its versatility allows it to be moved from one room to another with ease.
- It measures 10.04 inches wide, 11.26 inches long, and 25.67 inches high, occupying little space.
- Due to its impressive height, the water tank it features is longer than most.
- Its water tank is 1.2 gallons in capacity, so you won’t refill it all that often.
- When it is set on a high operating speed, it increases moisture more rapidly, while when the setting selected is low, it provides a quieter operation.
Due to the fact that it is dishwasher safe, you will have no problem keeping it clean, maintenance work being a cinch. However, do make sure that you fill the tank with cool, tap water because warm water may cause leaking.
[singlepic id=190 w=480 h=360 float=center]
It comes with an AccuSet Digital humidistat that measures the moisture levels and displays the current humidity level on a digital screen, the same way a thermostat displays temperature. The filter it features is enhanced with baking soda that naturally deodorizes the air by absorbing odors. The humidistat adjusts humidity output so you always have the maximum comfort level.
- Comes with a triple-layer filter that has anti-microbial properties, preventing bacterial growth so that the air is germ-free.
- Automatic shut-off ensures overheating is prevented as the device turns itself off when it runs out of water.
[singlepic id=191 w=480 h=360 float=center]
This is an evaporating machine, meaning that it works by pushing air through a wick completely submerged in water. The wick is like a sponge so it can absorb water and provide a wider surface area so more moisture can be distributed into the air. It is designed for medium-sized rooms of up to 800 square feet in size and outputs approximately 3 gallons of moisture per day. When its water tank is full, it can run up to 36 hours continuously before refilling is required. When you are using the automatic temperature setting, it will shut itself off and on for the desired level of humidity to be maintained. You can choose between three different output speed settings that regulate how much mist to disperse. However, it is louder than most products out there, so you won’t be able to use it on a high setting while you sleep.
- Outputs approximately 3 gallons of moisture over a 24-hour time span.
- Automatically shuts off when the water tank is empty.
- Recommended for use in rooms and spaces of up to 800 square feet.
- You can view current humidity levels on the digital display it features.
- Uses a triple-layer filter to ensure clean moisture is outputted in the air.