Water purity shouldn’t be a concern only when it comes to the water you use for hydration, but to the water that you use when to clean yourself as well. The health of your skin and hair heavily relies on the purity of the water you use when you shower, and a surefire way to ensure clean water to bathe with is to install a shower head filter that filters out impurities and contaminants that lurk in it.
9. ClearlyC ET2705-2
Tired of dry and frizzy hair? Want to have eczema-free skin that doesn’t itch after every shower? The ClearlyC ensures all this and much more as it helps remove harmful contaminants lurking in the water, eliminating chlorine at a high rate of up to 99%. As you no longer inhale chlorine when you bathe, the health of your lungs will be boosted as well, so you can add improvement of air quality to the list of benefits that accompany it.
It comes with a spare cartridge, and seeing how the cartridge needs to be replaced after approximately 6 months, you are covered for an entire year when it comes to maintanance costs. In addition, the system is easy to install, no tools being required for the procedure, so you can confidently do it on your own.
- High chlorine removal rate – up to 99%
- Comes with a spare cartridge
- Inhibits the growth of organic substances
- Tool-free installation – easy and quick procedure
- Some customers have complained that the threads are a bit loose fitting
- Flimsy design
As it purifies water at any temperature, this easy to install system ensures that chlorine and other harmful impurities won’t touch your skin or a strand of your hair when you bathe, making you look and feel better and healthier than ever.
8. Aqua Elegante High Output Luxury
It can remove heavy metals and reduce chlorine up to 95%. The KDF 55 purification media that it comes with effectively removes even heavy metals from the water. Your skin will become softer and your hair will be rejuvenated if you install it. Furthermore, it can relieve sensitivities, meaning that skin irritations and rashes won’t appear anymore after you take a shower.
This is all due to the fact that you won’t be absorbing unhealthy chemicals anymore. In addition, the non-toxic system kills bacteria and inhibits the growth of scale, mold, lime, and fungi, without sacrificing water pressure.
- Capable of removing chlorine and heavy metals with ease
- Instant skin and hair health boost after using it
- Inhibits growth of scale and bacteria
- Does not affect water pressure when in use
- Only warranted for 30 days
- Some customers reported that there weren’t any major changes in water hardness after making the installation
Although it is not backed by the lengthiest warranty out there, it makes for a great purchase as it effortlessly removes chlorine and heavy metals from the water you bathe with, thus ensuring your hair and skin will look better than ever. Furthermore, it is quite reasonably priced when compared to other top of the line products in its niche.
7. ZenFresh High-Pressure Water-Saving Ionic
The ZenFresh Ionic comes equipped with a filtered body spray that purifies the water very well and rejuvenates your skin so that you can look fresher and younger. Thanks to the perforated technology, a great amount of water will be saved without sacrificing pressure.
Your skin will be smoother, and the oil secretion will be highly reduced, due to the fact that the bioactive stones will restore balance in the oil glands. It is very easy to install as well, this being another pro that we cannot overlook, the entire installation procedure taking only a few minutes.
- Does not sacrifice water pressure when operating
- Helps reduce oil secretion to leave your skin feeling smoother
- Installation process takes only a few minutes
- Highly affordable product
- Is not backed by a generous warranty
- Some customers reported that leaks appeared over time
Last we have a cheap yet effective water filtration system which is sure to leave your hair and skin looking and feeling smoother than ever as it eliminates chlorine from the water you bathe with. Best of all, it comes at a really cheap price that makes it a real bang for your buck.
6. Barclay’s Buys Clearly Pure
As it is able to reduce chlorine and dissolved solids that lurk in the water you bathe with up to 80-90%, the Clearly Pure is a smart acquisition for any health-conscious person. It contains 3 components that help with the purification process, more precisely an ion box, calcium sulfite stones, and a filter sponge. In addition, the cartridge requires replacement only once every 6-8 months, depending on your water use, so you won’t have big costs with it.
The high 2.5 gallons per minute flow rate ensures the water stream won’t be affected by its installation. It puts 3 convenient operational settings at your disposal to make bath time a ton of fun, settings that you can switch between with the help of the toggle it features. These settings include non-pulsating massage, rainfall, and a combined mode of the aforementioned settings. Furthermore, the manufacturing company provides a 1-year warranty against defects.
- Provides a high operating pressure of up to 2.5 gallons per minute
- Puts 3 settings at your disposal – Massage, Rainfall, and Combined
- Micro-hole technology ensures water waste won’t ensue
- Low asking price
- Doesn’t remove as many different types of impurities as other systems do
- Over time, some customers reported that leaks started to appear
As it thoroughly eliminates chlorine and dissolved solids, it leaves behind clean and soft water for you to bathe with. It is an interesting entry that we recommend as it provides you with 3 operational settings that will make bath time more fun, and it uses the latest technologies to ensure water waste won’t occur.
5. PureAction SH388
A powerful system that promises to remove up to 99.9% of chlorine, fluoride, sulfur, dissolved minerals, sediments, and heavy metals through the 2-stage filtration process it employs, the PureAction SH388 is our favorite entry as it not only effectively purifies the water, but it comes at a cheap price as well. It is made with ABS plastic and features 3 parts – the ceramic stoners, the filter sponge, and the ionic cartridge. Beware that the filter cartridge requires replacement once every 6 to 8 months.
As it puts 3 high-pressure settings at your disposal, more precisely Power Rain, Rain, and Massage, it delivers a luxurious spa experience at home. It features NPT 1/2” attachments that are standard for the US and EU, and an adjustable rotating swivel ball joint that lets you position it as you please for the best shower experience possible. When it comes to backing, the manufacturing company has it covered against defects for 1 year after the moment you acquire it.
- 3 settings to pick between – Rain, Power Rain, and Massage
- NPT 1/2” universal attachment makes it suitable for all showers
- Made with ABS plastic
- Features the adjustable rotating swivel ball joint that lets you position the jet as you please
As it passes the water through a thorough 2-stage filtration process where it uses the ionic cartridge, filter sponge, and ceramic stones to eliminate contaminants, the PureAction SH388 is a system we recommend you look into carefully as it can cater to your needs.
4. PureAction SH158
The PureAction SH158 is a must-have as it comes at an affordable price, it installs in a matter of minutes, and provides with thorough purification due to the multiple filtration media used to manufacture it. The filter media it uses include:
- Tourmaline balls: They help soften the water.
- Zeolite balls: They trap calcium and magnesium ions, remove fluoride and heavy metals, and release sodium ions to soften the water.
- Negative ion balls: They help enhance blood circulation and preserve the elasticity of your skin.
- Vitamin C filter: It gives the water a pleasant lemon scent and helps detox your skin.
The filtration media needs to be replaced only once every 4 months, so maintenance costs are not high at all with this system. With the purchase are included Teflon tape, and a hose with holder, and 3 replacement vitamin C filter that come in handy as the scented filter requires replacement once per month. Furthermore, the manufacturer backs it with a 1-year warranty so that you don’t spend money out of your own pocket if it becomes defective in this time span.
A powerful filtration system that is designed to remove a wide range of dangerous contaminants to help with hair loss and skin dryness, as well as improve the condition of your skin, hair, and nails due to the clean, beneficial bathing water it provides, the PureAction SH158 is a reasonably-priced entry we recommend you pay closer attention to.
- A 60” stretchable hose is included with the acquisition
- 2.2 GPM flow rate ensures water pressure loss won’t occur after installation
- Comes at a cheap price
- Takes only a few minutes to connect it to any standard shower arm
3. AquaHomeGroup A-15
As it passes the water through 15 different filtration stages, it ensures healthy, beautiful skin and hair. During the 15 stages of filtration, the media it uses to filter out impurities, soften the water, and fix all existing issues related to water quality include – ultra-fine stainless steel mesh, PP cotton, KDF 55, high-density stainless steel mesh, microporous ceramic balls, Maifan stone, germanium balls, alkaline ceramic balls, magnetic energy balls, coconut activated carbon, vitamin C, and dechlorination ball calcium sulfite. Its universal connection makes it suitable for all showerheads, while the tool-free installation ensures you will be done with adding it in a matter of minutes.
- Prevents skin and respiratory diseases from ever affecting you
- 6-month routine replacement of filtration media makes it hassle-free
- Easy to install, and maintenance work is a cinch
- Comes at a quite affordable price
The effective 10-stage filtration process through which it passes the water you use when you bathe makes it highly desirable in all households. With it, you are sure to have healthier looking skin and hair than you ever did.
2. AquaBliss SF220
The SF220 has become a best seller not only due to the fact that it comes at an accessible price, but because it provides superior filtration capabilities as well. This multi-stage system features universal connections that make it a perfect fit for all shower types. The easy installation does not require the use of any tools and it is a process that takes only a few minutes.
The multiple stages of filtration that it passes the water through guarantee that contaminants like heavy metals, chlorine, pesticides, bacteria, and heavy metals won’t be present in it anymore. It also inhibits the growth of mold, algae, and fungi for your safety. Additionally, the cartridge that it features requires replacement only once every 6 months or after purifying up to 12000 gallons of water.
- Not much maintenance work is required with it
- Tool-less installation can be performed in a matter of minutes
- Removes dangerous contaminants, including chlorine, bacteria, and pesticides
- Universal connections ensure it will be a perfect fit
- Best-selling product in its niche
A stylish addition which does not only pretty up your bathing space but delivers clean, safe water to use while you wash your hair and body, the AquaBliss is one of our top recommendations to you if you care about the way you look and feel. What surprises the most when is the 12000-gallon lifespan, an aspect which more than compensates for the rather spicy pricing.
1. Aquasana AQ-4105
Exposure to harsh chlorine can lead to a series of skin health issues, and the Aquasana filtration system tends to get rid of this problem by reducing chlorine content in the water you bathe with. As a result of this change, not only will your skin look better and be healthier, but your hair will benefit as well. Easy to install, maintain, and coming at an affordable price, it boasts a rated capacity of 10000 gallons, so you can breathe easy knowing that the first major replacement will be done after 6 months at least, depending on how much water your household consumes when bathing. To ensure a dramatic reduction of chlorine in the water, it passes it through 2 different filtration stages without any pressure loss occurring before your skin is touched by the liquid. Best of all, the manufacturing company, Aquasana, backs it with a 1-year warranty against any defects.
As aforementioned, the water is passed through 2 separate filtration stages before it touches your skin and hair. During these filtration stages, a coconut shell carbon media is employed, which tends to the removal of chlorine and any synthetic chemical while enhancing the pH level of the water to rebalance it, and a KDF 55 media is used to further reduce the remaining chlorine content.
As it provides a 10000-gallon rated capacity, it’s clear that no matter how large your household is or how often you bathe, you won’t have to replace the cartridge all that often. This means that maintenance costs are reduced, and you are required to do them only once every 6 months or so. Additionally, not only is the system itself quite cheap, but the replacement cartridge is on the cheap side as well.
- Delivers a maximum flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute.
- The maximum operating temperature is 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Helps enhance the effectiveness of your hair treatments and bath products.
- Provides an operating pressure range from 30 to 80 PSI.
What helps make it so effective is the unique upflow design it boasts that prevents the filtration media from clogging. Additionally, this ingenious design style helps retain the height of the shower head to not make your experience any different when you are bathing, and it preserves water pressure so that no loss is experienced, the direct result being an increased water contact time.
- High chlorine removal rate ensures clean bathing water
- Does not require professional installation
- Coconut shell carbon media cleans the water and removes unwanted odors
- Up to standards due to NSF certification
As it is ensured to leave the water you bathe with free of chlorine or at least only small traces of the substance to be found in it, this Aquasana system effectively tends to helping your hair and skin look and feel healthier. Furthermore, as it is manufactured by a trustworthy brand, you can rest assured knowing that there is no reason to doubt its durability and overall quality.
Top 9 Compared
|Best Choice||1. Aquasana AQ-4105 |
What it removes: Over 90% of chlorine Easy installation: Yes Filtration: Dual-stage filtration Filter replacement: After filtering 10000 gallons of water Warranty: 1 year
|Popular Pick||2. AquaBliss SF220 |
What it removes: Chlorine, bacteria, pesticides, and heavy metals Easy installation: Yes Filtration: Multiple filtration stages Filter replacement: After purifying 12000 gallons of water Warranty: 30 days
|3. AquaHomeGroup A-15 |
What it removes: Irritants, contaminants, unpleasant odors, heavy metals, and so on Easy installation: Yes Filtration: 10 filtration stages Filter replacement: Once every 6 months Warranty: Satisfaction guarantee
|4. PureAction SH158 |
What it removes: Chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, iron, rust, sediments, heavy metals, chrome Easy installation: Yes Filtration: 3 filtration stages Filter replacement: Once every 4 months Warranty: 1 year
|5. PureAction SH388 |
What it removes: Chlorine, fluoride, chloramine, calcium, lead, rust, iron, sediments, nickel, heavy metals Easy installation: Yes Filtration: 2-stage filtration Filter replacement: Once every 6-8 months Warranty: 1 year
|6. Barclay’s Buys Clearly Pure |
What it removes: 80-90% of chlorine and dissolved solids Easy installation: Yes Filtration: 3-stage filtration Filter replacement: Once every 6 months Warranty: 1 year
|7. ZenFresh High-Pressure Water-Saving Ionic |
What it removes: Chlorine Easy installation: Yes Filtration: 3 layers of mineralized spheres Filter replacement: N/A Warranty: 30 days
|8. Aqua Elegante High Output Luxury |
What it removes: Removes 95% of chlorine Easy installation: Yes Filtration: KDF55 media Filter replacement: Once every 6 months Warranty: 30 days
|9. ClearlyC ET2705-2 |
What it removes: Chlorine, heavy metals, minerals, impurities Easy installation: Yes Filtration: Dual-stage filtration Filter replacement: After purifying 10000 gallons of water Warranty: N/A
How to Clean It
Once you buy the water purification system, you are required to do regular maintenance work for it to perform at its peak. As it removes chlorine and other contaminants from the water you bathe with, inevitably, it will be affected as well, so it is essential to care for it in order to prevent anything from happening.
The task of cleaning it should be performed only once every couple of months, so there is no need to worry that you might lose too much time on it. The items that you need for this task are a replacement cartridge, a cleaner, vinegar, a pan, a sponge, and pliers.
What you must first do is unscrew the shower head in order to get to it. Unscrew it and remove the top of the filter and the cartridge. For this procedure, you might need to use pliers when loosening the swivel nut that holds the pieces together.
Use clean water and a sponge to clean it. In case you notice gunk or mildew in hard to reach places, soak the pieces in a pan that is filled with water and the cleaner solution. Install the new cartridge according to the instructions only when it has been thoroughly cleaned. Afterward, simply reassemble the system.
Before you reinstall the piece, clean the arm and head with vinegar and water. Use a sponge to get rid of mildew or dirt. When everything is clean, you can reassemble the shower filter, arm, and head, and proceed to bathe with clean water.
Rating Criteria Explained
|Rating Criteria||How System Quality Is Impacted||Product to Receive the Best Score|
|Amount of purification stages||As the water is passed through a higher number of purification stages before it hits your skin or a strand of your hair, it is bound to be cleaner, and thus safer. Evidently, this implies that systems that pass the water through more purification stages are of a higher quality.||AquaHomeGroup A-15|
|Cartridge replacement frequency||The only maintenance task that is required of you with these systems is to perform cartridge replacements on time. Otherwise, purification efficiency drops, and the whole purpose of the system is defeated. The frequency at which you have to perform these replacements weighs in the quality of the system as it shows not only how much maintenance work is required of you, but how big are the implied upkeep costs.||AquaBliss SF220|
|Chlorine removal efficiency||Chlorine is the worst contaminant when it comes to the water you bathe with as it not only has deteriorating properties when it enters into contact with your skin and hair, producing rashes and dandruff, but it also alters the quality of the air you breathe while in the bathroom. As you bathe with warm or hot water, the steam released into the air is filled with chlorine, thus breathing it in and affecting your lungs.||ClearlyC ET2705-2|
|Amount of removed contaminants||The total amount of contaminants the system helps remove is the best indicator of its water purification efficiency. The higher the number is, the better as it means that even if there are uncommon contaminants polluting the water, the system is likely to handle removing them.||AquaHomeGroup A-15|
|Bacteria/organic matter growth inhibiting capabilities||Undoubtedly, the most dangerous contaminants that could lurk in the water you bathe with are organic matter and bacteria as they might cause health issues like infections to arise. Thus, their elimination and the inhibiting of their growth is necessary if you want to bathe healthily.||AquaBliss SF220, Aqua Elegante High Output Luxury, AquaHomeGroup A-15, ClearlyC ET2705-2|
Why You Should Make the Acquisition
It is commonly known that water can be filled with contaminants that affect you not only on the inside but also on the outside. When you take a shower, your body gets into contact with many impurities that make it feel dry and itchy, not to mention that the steam you inhale is full of bacteria and germs. If installing a water filter is an expensive solution for your bathroom, you can always resort to these systems for many reasons:
- Affordable: compared to water filters that cost hundreds of dollars, you can find great products for a third of the price.
- Easy to install: these systems require no plumbing and all you have to do to enjoy their efficiency is to mount them on your existing showerhead.
- Significant water quality improvement: once you start using it, you will enjoy softer water with fewer bacteria and sediments that could affect the aspect of your skin and hair.
What Lurks in Shower Water?
As we are talking about the water we bathe with, it is understandable why it must be clear of any health-threatening contaminants as they enter into direct contact with our skin. Furthermore, the steam created in the shower causes us to inhale impurities directly into our lungs, which could lead to serious health complications depending on what exactly is lurking in the air. However, to better perceive the importance of a filtration system and to be better aware of the dangers that await you if you don’t take proper cautionary measures, we will show you exactly what is most likely lurking into the water you shower with and how it impacts your state of health.
- Chlorine: The most common contaminant found in municipal water systems, chlorine is present in high amounts as it serves the purpose of killing dangerous pathogens in the water. While its importance is not negligible, there is the issue that its properties affect your skin as well, destroying the bacteria that naturally grows on it and that protects you from various diseases by making you less susceptible to them.
- Calcium and magnesium: While these are two minerals you should consume in order to upkeep your immune system, when they are present in the pipes they cause lime buildup to appear.
- Pesticides and herbicides: As they were used to increase crop production in the past, pesticides and herbicides made their way through the ground where they reached the groundwater, contaminating it. The contact between these toxic substances and your skin can lead to the appearance of rashes, irritations, and other health complications.
- Bacteria: The presence of bacteria and germs in the water you bathe with is inevitable without the addition of a filtration system. Obviously, the contact between the harmful microorganisms and your skin causes irritations and other health issues to arise, while the inhalation of bacteria-filled vapors that are released through steam can cause a rapid downfall of your immune system, exposing you to the appearance of diseases.
What contaminants does it reduce/remove?
Primarily, it focuses on removing chlorine, the most common and abundant contaminant found in the water we bathe with. However, a complete list of contaminants that it helps reduce or remove depends from one model to another as it can fluctuate according to the actual filtration media used in its manufacturing. Generally, high-quality systems help remove scale and heavy metals that are soluble in water.
Will water pressure drop after installing it?
Some systems feature the same GPM rating as the flow regulation of your shower does – 2.5 gallons per minute. Any value less than this indicates that water flow will be subjected to a significant drop after installing the filtration system.
Will it help soften hard water?
While the role of the system is to make the water you bathe with healthy and safe for your skin, this does not mean that it will solve you of all your issues. Thus, it does not actually soften the water directly but rather indirectly as a consequence of the fact that it removes high amounts of chlorine and other chemical contaminants from the water.