- Updated August 26, 2018
- Posted by: June Spencer
People opt for humidifiers because they want to provide a healthier environment for their homes. However, not all these appliances integrate an optimum cleaning system that can allow them to humidify clean water, so they might spread germs and bacteria into the air. The Pureguardian H4600 uses a silver clean technology that stops the development of mold and germs in the water tank. Therefore, it can perform by delivering clean mist that doesn’t contain bacteria or other types of germs.
It measures 15 inches by 8.9 inches by 11.5 inches, and it weighs only 8.2 pounds, so portability is one of the strong points of this machine. Moreover, it features a nice design as the manufacturers used white and blue as contrasting colors for the housing. Its water tank boasts a 2.4-gallon capacity, which means that refilling it won’t be required too often. Furthermore, it comes with an indicator light that turns on when the water level is low, announcing you to refill it.
- In order to make your job easier, it integrates a digital display and a clock with programmable options.
- It features a soft blue nightlight that allows you to control it in the middle of the night without having to turn on a powerful light.
- It comes with a split nozzle that spreads mist in two different directions at once.
- Incorporated spray control allows you to set the mist output as you like by simply turning the dial.
However, it does not integrate a humidistat, which means that you won’t be able to adjust the moisture to specific percentage levels. Moreover, most of the machines in this price range include this type of feature. So, depending on how stable your house’s humidity level is, you can choose between this model and similar products that give you the possibility to set the humidity level.
It provides a 12-hour operational time on its maximum setting, and it can run for 24 hours using only 2 gallons of water. The fact that it uses the ultrasonic technology is also very important because it provides a silent operation, so there won’t be any disturbing noises made by sputtering water. It can cover up to 700 square feet, and you can set your room’s temperature by choosing between warm and cool settings.
- It doesn’t include any extra costs because there are no filters or evaporating pads to replace.
- Purified or distilled water should be used when filling the tank to prevent harmful particles from being released into the air.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to move from one room to another – weighs only 8.2 pounds.
- Split design of the nozzle ensures a more efficient spreading of moisture in the room.
- Ultrasonic technology it uses ensures it is a quiet machine.
- Recommended for use in areas of up to 700 square feet.
- Blue nightlight makes it easy to control it under poor light conditions.