- Updated August 26, 2018
- Posted by: June Spencer
- Category: Humidifiers
Dry winter air can cause many uncomfortable side effects like dry skin, static shocks, irritated breathing passages, and cracks in wooden floors. Although a portable humidifier can provide temporary relief, if you want to cover more than a single room or a small area you probably need a whole-house machine. The Honeywell HE240 connects to your home’s heating and cooling system to maintain comfortable humidity levels throughout the house. Besides protecting your floors and furniture from cracking, it can alleviate and reduce many health problems.
How It Works
It works with your forced-furnace. To install it, you have to hook it onto the return air duct or warm air supply and hook it to a drain line. It uses warm air from your furnace and a water-soaked evaporator pad to create moisture. Then, the warm humidified air that comes is propelled through the air ducts and circulated throughout the house. The Perfect Climate Comfort Center control can be installed to replace humidity control and the thermostat. If the humidity level falls below the one you set, the machine is activated automatically.
It can raise the moisture level in a home as large as 3.000 square feet, releasing 16 gallons of moisture per day. Because of its flow-through design, it is free of microorganisms which are removed by routinely rinsing and draining.
- The evaporation pad filters out impurities and hard water minerals for cleaner moisture.
- The PerfectFLO system is designed for optimal water usage and energy efficiency so the humidifying process is low-cost and environmentally friendly.
- Comes with an easy DIY installation kit and step-by-step instructions.
Performance and Installation
It comes with an included installation kit, and customers reported that it takes about 3 hours to install it, minus the time spent gathering tools. Except for the placement of the humidistat, the process is easy and the instructions clear. Although the kit has everything you need, the duct hose is made out of cheap plastic and is more like 3.5 ft instead of 4 ft. However, for $10 extra you can purchase different bypass ducting. It works well, and 6 hours after you install it the humidity will increase by approximately 25%. However, it wastes as much as 54 gallons of water per day, so if you are looking for a more environmentally-friendly and economical humidifier, this model might not be the best one for you.
- Whole house profile ensures it will upkeep proper humidity levels throughout the entirety of your home.
- Delivers an approximate area coverage of up to 3000 square feet.
- Releases around 16 gallons of moisture in the air over a 24-hour time span.
- Flow-through design ensures it does not release harmful microorganisms into the air.
- Easy to install – procedure takes approximately 3 hours.