- Updated November 4, 2018
- Posted by: June Spencer
High-powered air circulating fans that are engineered to be portable and durable, all while remaining powerful enough to suit residential as well as commercial purposes, they are used in homes where flooded basements occur often, and by janitorial staff in institutions, among other situations, their multi-purpose design making them appealing purchases for a wide range of consumers.
Top 5 Fans for Drying Carpet Comparison
Carpet Dryers Reviews Soleaire Max Storm max2915
Great for residential use but actually designed for professional purposes like water damage restoration due to its high air volume output and heavy-duty design, the Max Storm can be counted on to work day in and day out without suffering performance loss.
It measures 16.5 inches in width, 16 inches in length, 19.5 inches in height, and weighs only 25 pounds, which makes it easy for a single person to carry and maneuver it in hard-to-reach areas. The 25-foot long power cord eliminates the need for extension cords and allows freedom when it comes to placement. Another design element worth highlighting is the durable construction of the polyethylene shell that protects it from damage. When it comes to color options, you have 3 picks at your disposal, more precisely blue, orange, and purple.
It puts 2 speed settings at your disposal to pick between, drawing 2 amps to run when set on the low setting, and 5 amps on the high one. What you will surely find useful is the fact that it can blow air at 3 different angles, more precisely directly across the ground, at a 45-degree angle, or directly into the air at a 90-degree angle. But what impresses the most is definitely the 2550 cubic feet per minute air volume it provides, its excellent performance resulting from an intelligent build and the use of a powerful 0.5 HP motor.
Mention Worthy Features and Specs
- Draws only 5 amps when set on the high speed setting.
- Complies with CE safety standards.
- Features a cord wrap on top for convenient storage.
It doesn’t disappoint even when it comes to manufacturer backing, Soleaire offering a 1-year warranty on parts and labor, so if there are any manufacturing-related defects or its parts suffer damage even though it has been used as instructed and no direct damage was inflicted, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge. There is a 5-year warranty provided for the housing as well, the company which produces it trusting that it is indeed durable and there are small chances for anything to happen to it even in the harshest of environments.
What We Like
- Switch control makes it easy to toggle between operating speeds
- Low amp draw on either speed setting
- Compact size allows use in hard-to-reach areas
What We Dislike
- Doesn’t feature a timer
We recommend it for both professional and residential purposes as its hard to beat air volume output ensures it will dry the wet area in no time. It comes at a fairly accessible price and it is built to withstand worksite conditions, so you need not worry as it is a long-term investment.
The powerful air circulation it provides is granted by the 1/4 HP motor it features, the VP-25 delivering a maximum air volume of 900 cubic feet per minute to dry the area as quick as possible. There are 3 speed settings you can pick between, and it draws 1.7 amps on the low setting, 1.8 amps on the medium one, and only 2.1 amps on the high setting. Up to 5 units can be stacked on top of each other and connected so that a single outlet is used to power them if ever needed. The wheel rotates at a 1060 RPM speed on the low setting, at 1370 RPM on the medium setting, and at 1600 RPM when it is set on the high one. When it comes to the direction of the air it blows, you can pick between 3 settings – 0-degree angle, 45-degree angle, or 90-degree angle. The attached cord measures 10 feet in length, which should suffice regardless of how vast the area you want to dry with it is. It measures 12.4 inches in width, 12.8 inches in length, 13.3 inches in height, and weighs only 11.3 pounds, which makes it a cinch to transport it. For secure placement on slippery surfaces, it features anti-skid and non-marking rubber feet. The roto-molded housing design ensures a touch and durable construction. Furthermore, on parts and workmanship, a 1-year warranty is provided, while for the housing a 5-year warranty is granted.
What We Like
- Up to 5 units can be connected while using a single outlet
- Draws only 2.1 amps on the high speed setting
- Delivers an impressive 1600 RPM wheel speed on the high speed setting
What We Dislike
- There are no downsides to this product
Built from the ground up to withstand intense use and delivering some interesting features like the possibility to connect up to 5 units to each other in order to use a single outlet for plugging, the VP-25 makes for an exceptional choice for residential, as well as professional use.
A mini air mover that delivers a surprisingly high 800 CFM air volume despite appearances, it is suited for residential as well as professional use, making its transport from one job site to another a cinch. It measures only 10.7 inches in length, 12.4 inches in width, and 13.3 inches in height, and weighs a mere 9.9 pounds. Even though it is small, you needn’t doubt its durability as the injection mold polypropylene housing ensures that knocking it over won’t produce any damage. Furthermore, it is thermally protected, so it does well even in environments with atypical temperatures. There are 3 speed settings that you can pick between, on the low setting providing a 1000 RPM wheel speed, on the medium setting providing 1250 RPM, and on the high setting delivering a staggering 1500 RPM speed. To change between the speeds, you must use the convenient recessed rotary switch it features. The air flow outputted can be directed in 4 different positions, which include at a 0-degree angle, at a 20-degree angle, at a 45-degree angle, and at a 90-degree angle. Up to 4 units can be stacked on top of each other for a connected operation that requires the use of a single power outlet. It ensures energy efficiency when operating as it only draws 2.3 amps. The 1/5 HP motor it features not only provides it with an impeccable performance, but it maintains quietness while in use. Of course, we cannot end without highlighting its most important feature, which is the built-in 3-hour timer switch that allows you to program it as you like while saving on operational costs.
What We Like
- Features a useful 3-hour timer
- Injection mold polypropylene housing for long-lasting durability
- Weighs only 9.9 pounds, making it easy to transport
What We Dislike
- Lower air volume rating than other products in its niche
Even though it is one of the smallest air movers out there, it packs a punch thanks to the 1/5 HP motor and the smart overall design. Highly portable, it might serve well for residential purposes, but it is most desirable for professionals who need a compact tool to carry from one job to another.
CFM Pro HD-3300X
The output intensity of its centrifugal fan can be adjusted to 3 different speeds in order to accommodate existing moisture levels. Furthermore, it features 3 blowing positions that add to its versatility in use, allowing you to place it on the ground on its base for it to blow horizontally, to incline it at a 45-degree angle, and even set it at a 90-degree angle with the use of the integrated backrests to provide upwards drying. Its precision-engineered impeller ensures maximum efficiency in use. The side-mounted duplex outlet it features allows daisy-chaining, so you can stack multiple units and connect them to a single outlet when more blowing power is needed. The 1/3 HP motor outputs a staggering 1100 cubic feet per minute air volume so that a reliable performance is guaranteed. It is quite appealing in terms of design as well, the polyethylene composite housing keeping it safe from game-ending damage. To ensure stability and safety while it operates, it features 4 anti-skid feet. As it measures 18.5 inches in width, 18 inches in length, 18 inches in height, weighs only 32.5 pounds, and features a convenient rugged handle, you will have an easy time transporting it. Another mention-worthy design aspect is that it comes with a 25-foot long power cord which enables you to position it wherever you like without the need for extension cords existing. Additionally, it is ETL listed and complies with CSA and CAN North-American safety standards, so it is designed with safety in mind.
What We Like
- Features a precision-engineered impeller that maximizes its efficiency
- Features a side-mounted duplex outlet that allows daisy-chaining
- Features 4 anti-skip feet to ensure stability
What We Dislike
- Some customers complained that it does not move as much air as they expected
Designed to accommodate varying moisture levels and ensure a thorough drying of the carpet or surface where the spill or flooding has occurred with its high air volume production, the CFM Pro is a powerful and convenient fan that is up to any challenge thrown its way.
A high-velocity air mover that features a 3/4 HP thermally protected motor with an impressive 1500 RPM speed which guarantees long-lasting durability even when used for commercial purposes on a daily basis, the OS2800 is ideal for fixing flooding incidents and drying surfaces. It is able to throw the air up to 100 feet, and provides 3 blowing positions to pick between, more precisely at a 0-degree angle, at a 45-degree angle, and at a 90-degree angle. There are 3 drying speeds that you can pick between to customize its operation to your specific needs. One of its most appealing features is definitely the clamp that allows drying of carpets without you having to remove the carpeting. Daisy-chaining of up to 5 units is allowed due to the GFCI outlet it features. As its name sneakily suggests, it provides a hard to beat 2800 CFM air volume that makes it the go-to option for professional use. When it comes to design, it is quite compact and weighs only pounds, so transporting it between jobs won’t be difficult at all. It features an extra-long 30-foot power cord that eliminates the need for extension cords, and there is even a cord wrap that provides a convenient storage manner. Furthermore, the tough roto-molded polyethylene housing ensures damage won’t be inflicted upon it easily even if other objects fall on it. when it comes to backing, the manufacturing company promises to repair or replace it without cost to the customer if defects in parts, material, or workmanship appear during the first year of use.
What We Like
- It is able to throw the air up to 100 feet in the air
- Clamp enables drying without the removal of the carpet
- Motor is thermally protected to ensure long-lasting durability
What We Dislike
- Comes at a higher price than our other selections
It might be a bit more expensive than our other entries, but the price is worth paying if you want to enjoy quality. Feature-rich and reliable when it comes to drying surfaces, its 3/4 HP thermally protected motor won’t disappoint even after years of commercial use.
Air Mover Proper Use Tips
There has been a flood and you already took care of removing the moisture from the carpet, but what about drying it before the stink sets in and molding makes a discrete appearance? Evidently, an air mover is your go-to device for the procedure. But matters aren’t as easy as it might seem as there are some proper use guidelines you should follow to ensure no accidents will occur and that the process ends as fast as possible, so you can’t just plug it in and let the magic happen without taking some precautions. Here are the maintenance and proper use tips you must follow when using the device:
- Don’t leave it unattended: Try as much as possible to not leave it unattended or running overnight as a potential fire could break out if a short-circuit, overheating, or anything else happens. In models like the XPower P-230AT that features a built-in timer, you can afford the luxury of not monitoring its operation as the device will eventually turn off without requiring your direct assistance.
- Add a dehumidifier into the mix: This move is recommended if the flooding happened in the basement as it is a damp enough area on its own, so the air mover is unlikely to be able to handle drying the carpet or floor on its own in the nick of time to prevent an unwanted smell from settling. Basement dehumidifiers generally boast higher capabilities in terms of moisture extraction as opposed to other humidity decrease devices. Thus, you should get one of your own regardless if flooding has ever occurred or not in this area of the house as it provides a great means of normalizing humidity levels indoors and keeping mold at bay.
- Put emphasis on positioning it right: To speed up the drying process and maximize the efficiency of the device, you have to make sure that you position the fan properly so that it will blow the air across the floor instead of into the air.
- Service it on time: As with any device and electronic out there, it requires maintenance and check-ups to make sure that all parts run properly and that it is safe to operate it. Therefore, you should get a qualified electrician to take a look at it and service it properly at least once every 6 months.
- Give it space to breathe: Obstructions in its proximity could lead to blockage of the intake areas which, in turn, could cause overheating or complete meltdowns. You must give it enough space to breathe, so check for no obstructions to be in its proximity.
- Clean the intake: All devices feature intake areas where the air is sucked inside the machine. To ensure that it will provide a peak performance at all times and that chances of overheating due to improper maintenance are reduced, you have to regularly clean these areas as dust tends to gather in them.
As you can see, all of our picks are great for professional, as well as residential use, so regardless of how you intend to use any of them, they won’t disappoint. However, some models do better than others from certain points of view, and before we end, we will highlight some of their strong points once again. For those who intend to use the air movers for commercial or professional purposes, we recommend the Soleaire Max Storm max2915 that delivers a 2550 CFM air flow and the OdorStop OS2800 which provides up to 2800 CFM as these are the two most powerful and reliable entries when it comes to drying surfaces after serious flooding incidents. For residential use, the 800 CFM provided by the more conveniently priced XPower P-230AT are better suited. In case pricing is what interests you more, your best guess would definitely be the B-Air VP-25 as it not only comes at the best price but delivers an enviably high performance.